We are committed to protecting our users’ privacy. Keeping the information you share with us on the site, secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use and maintain your information is important to us at GeekCommunity. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we intend to use all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your information.
- PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
All account information is password-protected. You are responsible for keeping your password safe. GeekCommunity does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. GeekCommunity, or people who post on GeekCommunity, may provide links to their website or third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
- DATA WE COLLECT.
In General. GeekCommunity may collect Personal Information, including Sensitive Data, and other information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person. Sensitive Data includes information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, video, profile, lifestyle) that you optionally provide that may reveal your ethnic origin, nationality. By providing Sensitive Data to us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Sensitive Data as permitted by applicable privacy laws. GeekCommunity may also collect your geolocation information with your consent. We may collect this information through a website, mobile application or other online service.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date, billing address or other financial information). GeekCommunity also request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown or your username. GeekCommunity may collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc. We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on GeekCommunity forums that you expect to keep private.
By registering on the website or through the mobile app, You specifically agree to receive communications from Us to the email address that You provide when registering including, but not limited to: notifications of emails and instant messages that You have received from other User on the website or mobile app, relevant Profiles that match Your search criteria, tips and advice related to GeekCommunity’s service, updates regarding GeekCommunity service, special promotions and offers and notices of changes to GeekCommunity website and/or the Agreement. In addition, by submitting Your e-mail address to GeekCommunity website or mobile app, You agree to receive e-mail marketing from Us and Our third-party advertisers in accordance with the anti-spam laws applicable in your jurisdiction. Such e-mail communications may contain commercial messaging, such as advertisements and special offers from Us, as the case may be and to the extent permitted by applicable law, and Our third party marketing affiliates. We may use tracking technologies that enables Us to track Your usage of the e-mail messages that We send You, including whether the e-mail message was opened and what links were clicked. If You do not opt-out of receiving such notices, they will be sent to You automatically, at Our discretion, unless you have opted out from receiving the communications from Us, by having clicked on the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the applicable e-mail we have sent you
- Information about others. We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address and email address. If you use our website or application to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
- Information collected automatically. Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served from your browser or device when you visit our website or application, including your IP address, page URL, device ID, your browser type and language, timestamp and the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer GeekCommunity site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website or application, We may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. During your visits to other websites where we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our site to show you the type of GeekCommunity advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. Although you may not opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you may control the collection of data on our site used for targeted GeekCommunity advertising during your visits to other websites. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons, pixel tags, local storage and other technologies that facilitate personalization to track your use of our site. GeekCommunity also may use these technologies in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. GeekCommunity may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GeekCommunity may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
- DATA WE STORE.
All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere. Our web logs and other records are stored for certain periods. Although GeekCommunity makes good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, GeekCommunity cannot guarantee complete security.
- YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. GeekCommunity aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where GeekCommunity relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
In General. GeekCommunity may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Link you with potential Employers or Job seekers as the case may be.
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- perform ad tracking and website or mobile application analytics;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Billing information. GeekCommunity may use your submitted financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, enroll you in any discount program, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business
At all times, GeekCommunity may perform these functions directly or use a third-party billing website, and encrypted via a secure server to ensure that others cannot access it. To the extent that GeekCommunity collects Your Payment Information, if ever, We will use the information solely to process and complete any transaction(s) that You request. By submitting credit card information to GeekCommunity, if applicable, You authorize GeekCommunity to periodically verify that Your credit card account continues to be a valid and active one by charging, and thereafter immediately crediting, a small sum to the card. Such verification may be conducted through a third-party and, in that case, GeekCommunity would share Your specific credit card information with this third-party for verification purposes. Apart from said uses, We will not share Your Payment Information with any third-parties without Your prior informed consent unless We are compelled to disclose such information to a governmental entity in response to a valid government-issued subpoena, search warrant or court order seeking such information and which complies with applicable local or federal law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, GeekCommunity reserves the right to share with third-parties the fact that We have Payment Information on file for specific Members, but We will not share Your specific Payment Information with third-parties without Your prior informed consent. Also, if you access our website, mobile applications or other online services from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
- HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share personal information with:
- Service providers. We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our website or application functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our site. GeekCommunity may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners. When you register or make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites or applications, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Other Events. GeekCommunity may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process. GeekCommunity may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms & Conditions and respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of GeekCommunity, its users or general public.
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
GeekCommunity takes appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. GeekCommunity may post a notice on our Service if a security breach occurs. GeekCommunity may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
We does not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age. If your minor child has provided us with personally identifiable information, you may contact us if you want this information deleted from our records. GeekCommunity will make all reasonable efforts to remove your child’s information from the database that stores the information.
- NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES.
For further information regarding Our privacy practices, please contact Us or email: [YOUR [WEBSITE SUPPORT EMAIL]